We understand that many of you are power gamers–users who like to live on the bleeding edge of technology and run the latest software. Sound like you? Then you might want to consider opting-in to new beta builds of Origin. We have a lot of new features coming down the pike, and beta opt-in participants get to experience all the new functionality first, as it becomes available, while providing us with critical feedback that we use to make sure Origin behaves correctly across all sorts of hardware configurations, and alongside whatever drivers or software you might have installed. With Origin beta opt-ins, you’ll always be able to check out our latest features first.
To opt-in to Origin betas, just follow the instructions below:
1. Launch the Origin client and log in to your account.
2. Select ApplicationSettings from the Origin drop-down menu.
3. Scroll down to Origin Beta Participation and check the box next to “Update to the beta version if available.” If it’s already checked, you’re good to go.
4. Click Done to save your settings.
5. Restart the Origin client to begin your update.
After that, you will automatically be updated to beta versions of Origin as we deploy them. If you’re curious about what’s being added in any new beta build, you can get all the details by reading our release notes.
Posted by Thierry Nguyen on November 04, 2012